NEC X, Inc. builds on the strength of NEC R&D technologies to accelerate the development of innovative products and services. The company seeks out people driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, cultivating competitive technologies and human resources to make important contributions to NEC’s creation of new social value. Launched by NEC Corp. in 2018, NEC X fast-tracks technologies and business ideas selected from inside and outside NEC. Located in Silicon Valley, a hotbed of high tech, NEC X leverages NEC’s talent and technology ecosystem to promote commercialization through open innovation. Additionally, NEC X provides options for entrepreneurs, startups and existing companies in the Americas to use NEC’s products and emerging technologies.
Corporate Accelerator Program
NEC X provides options for entrepreneurs to use NEC’s emerging technologies. Startups launched by the Corporate Accelerator Program are supported by NEC X in business development activities. Learn More
NEC X drives new, high potential technology seeds emerging from NEC R&D. Through our Entrepreneurs in Residence program, ideas grow from concept stage to the development of a minimum-viable product, ready for seed round investment or strategic partnership with another technology vendor. Learn More
NEC X works with startup projects until they are fully launched and graduated from the Corporate Accelerator program, often with the support of partner venture capital investments to help achieve revenue growth.
Shigeto Ihara is CEO of NEC X. Previously, he was general manager of the Research Planning division of NEC. Learn More
NEC X has received the following honors:
- “NEC Corporation in 2020: Innovating for the Future” was published as a case study by Charles A. O’Reilly III et al. at Stanford Graduate School of Business, highlighting NEC X’s successes.
- Named the “Most Innovative Company of the Year” with a silver award for the small company category from Best in Biz.
- Highly commended for the joint GDPR data redaction solution with VACO, at FinTech Futures’ Banking Tech Awards, “Best Smart Banking Tech Solution” category.
- NEC Technologies was recognized with the “Global High-Performance Computing Product Leadership Award” from Frost & Sullivan for the SX-Aurora TSUBASA AI Platform and Vector Engine.
- Listed for Outstanding Innovations in Corporate Finance from Global Finance’s Innovators 2021 Awards, for the PII Data Privacy Framework created with OppLane.