NEC X is looking for a Python Backend Developer with Machine Learning expertise for our entrepreneurs-in-residence (EIRs) and portfolio startups. As a backend developer on the team, you will work with several startups and NEC’s world-class engineers and researchers to build and scale world-leading startups together.
About NEC X:
Launched by technology giant NEC Corporation in 2018, NEC X, Inc. fast-tracks yearly spinouts. We match our cutting-edge technologies developed at NEC with innovative business ideas brought by entrepreneurs-in-residence (EIRs) and its co-founders. NEC X then incubates and accelerates these startups through our program. We are located in Silicon Valley to leverage the startup ecosystem to commercialize through open innovation.
EIRs and co-founders are the champions of NEC X. Our goal is to build world-leading startups with you!
About the Role:
In this role, you will be developing backend of early stage startups for NEC X with potential to become a co-founder or an early employee of a startup, or keep being a full-time employee at NEC X, though starting from a contract position.
- Work with entrepreneurs to understand their idea and be able to design a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Analyze NEC’s portfolio of technology and find which technologies can best be used with the entrepreneur’s business idea and future product
- Communicate with both EIRs and NEC’s researchers, implement technologies into their prototypes
- Use backend and ML skills to design the MVP.
- Deploy the solutions on cloud (AWS) as API.
You are a good candidate if you have:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
- 1+ year of professional experience with relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.)
- 1+ year of professional experience with Machine Learning algorithms e.g. Decision Trees, Neural networks etc and some NLP models (e.g. BERT, Transformers) using PyTorch. Experience in Computer Vision is a nice to have
- 1+ year API deployment experience using Flask webserver
- 1+ year of professional experience deploying solutions on AWS. Must have experience with AWS Lambda, RDS, EC2, ECR, API Gateway and other AWS Services
- Solid experience using source control tools like Git
- Experience with the startup ecosystem is nice to have, whether it is as a founder, early-stage employee, or as a key member of a startup from seed to Series C
- The ability to tackle ambiguity and decide the best path forward
- An understanding of product lifecycle from ideation to launch
Note: If you only have some of these but feel you are a strong candidate, we would still like to meet you!