Funded by NEC X’s Corporate Accelerator Program in Silicon Valley, we are spinning out an eCommerce Insights start-up in Toronto. Using award winning NEC research technology in Princeton, NJ, we are building our team in Toronto to take the journey to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced, remote Data Science/AI Researcher with a passion for text and aspect-based opinion mining. You have several years of experience working various aspects of text mining, data mining, and opinion mining. You’ll be joining as our lead Data Scientist and, as such, you will be playing a key role in building our product and executing on our development roadmap.
Join us in changing the world of eCommerce and Insights through AI.
What’s In It For You:
- Great work life balance
- Join as an early team member, work directly with founders
- Work on large scale data problems using ML/AI and text analysis
What You’ll Work On:
The Data Scientist will work with a team of technologists at to add features, improve performance, test and get the solution ready for a commercial launch.
Who You Are:
- M.S./PhD in computer science or related field. Broad knowledge in machine learning (ML) and deep learning algorithms.
- Hands-on experience developing and text analytics, sentiment analysis, opinion mining, NLP and aspect-based opining mining.
- Proficient in Python.
- Extensive experience using deep learning libraries such as PyTorch and data analytics tools such as pandas and SQL.
- Detail oriented – please include the square root of 225 on your application somewhere.
- Requirements include excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Experience with mining of reviews, especially in the eCommerce domain is a big asset.
- You have a passion for presenting data in creative and visual ways.
- Experience with working with other insights professionals is a nice skill to have.
- Manage Amazon MTurks to assign and qualify the searching and labeling job for better accuracy of verification model.
- Store the text into databases and develop a simple web app for searching and labeling jobs with good efficiency by working with other back end engineers.
- Utilize Machine Learning model to select pieces of text from a corpus of customer’s review comments.
- Monitor performance of the model on queries and data, and determine where additional training data is needed by collaborating with the researcher of verification model.
- Analyze the topic distribution of customer reviews in various product categories.
- Most importantly: Continually advance our technology in the areas of text analytics, sentiment analysis, opinion mining, NLP and aspect-based opining mining.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to help shape the company from the very beginning as you’ll be an early employee of both the company and the data science team
Please submit your application here.