NEC X is located in Palo Alto, California, and is an incubation and acceleration arm of NEC Corporation; it is well-placed to leverage the Silicon Valley ecosystem to support its startup companies. NEC X is looking to hire a Director of Engineering for one of its startup companies that is creating a solution in the tracking and localization space.
What You’ll Work On
The Director of Engineering is expected to work with a team of technologists at NEC X together with the engineers at the third-party company to manage the engineering effort of the end-to-end solution. The solution consists of multiple hardware components, together with the required software, to implement the algorithms needed to provide the necessary features for the targeted customers. The Director of Engineering will also collaborate with Business Development and Product Management in making design decisions. Initially, the candidate selected can work remotely, although eventually the candidate is expected to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area.
If you’ve got what it takes, click here to join us.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering with a minimum 15 years of experience in product development, including a mix of hardware, software and firmware. A master’s degree would be preferable, but not required.
- Product development experience could either be in large companies or startups, although candidates who have taken the development of a product or a solution from its infancy to market-ready status would get top consideration.
- Experience in developing products and solutions that leverage short-range wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and UWB is highly preferred.
- The candidate should have experience in the development of embedded hardware-based solutions, IoT and some level of experience with firmware development.
- Experience in either having developed GUIs or worked with GUI developers is a plus, although not required.
- Requirements include excellent communication skills, both spoken and written. This is essential, as the job requires close collaboration with a third-party company and NEC X technologists during the solution development phase.
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.